Edward Carter Solutions Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), Edward Carter Solutions Ltd of 9-15 Roseberry Walk, Church Road, Thundersley, Essex, SS7 4EW is the data controller in respect of your personal data.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data from you, which may include personal data (such as your name and contact details) and sensitive personal data (which consists of information as to your racial/ethnic origin, your political opinions, your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, whether you are a member of a trade union, your physical or mental health or condition, your sexual orientation, whether you have committed or allegedly committed any offence or any proceedings for any offence committed or allegedly committed by you):
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and uploading information, including the submission of your CV, on Our Site www.edwardcarter.co.uk (Our Site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, enquiring about or applying for any vacancies, subscribing to any service offered on Our Site, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the services that you access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment and work finding services to you, including assessing your suitability and eligibility for available positions.
- To provide you with alerts about available positions we feel may be of interest to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To disclose such information to third parties as further detailed below.
- To deal with any questions or enquiries you may have.
- To monitor compliance with our Equal Opportunities policy.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes (please see 'Your Rights' section below). We will not share your data with any third parties for marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In order to apply for positions on your behalf or to enable such third parties to assess your suitability and eligibility for available positions.
- For the purposes of enabling such third parties to provide ancillary services to the recruitment and work finding process, such as qualifications and criminal reference checking services, and conducting surveys for research purposes.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Edward Carter Solutions Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to update any personal data you have provided to us.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.